VMware CapacityIQ 1.5 released
VMware has just released a new version of Capacity IQ, namely VMware Capacity IQ 1.5.
The new features are:
- Storage Analytics – Adds disk space and disk I/O trending and storage analysis. The dashboard and views provide visibility into consumption of storage resources and ways to identify capacity bottlenecks. The data is optimized for vSphere and accounts for thin provisioning, I/O control, and linked clones.
- Resource optimization – Adds storage-aware workload modeling and what if scenarios to forecast future capacity needs. CapacityIQ provides outlier detection and filtering capabilities for improved analytics.
- Scheduled Reports – Adds report scheduling with email capabilities for automated delivery of capacity utilization and optimization reports.
- Performance and scalability improvements – Improves the response time in the interface and raises the scalability limits to 6000 powered on virtual machines and 8000 registered virtual machines.
- Virtual machine-based licensing – Supports virtual machine and CPU-based licensing. If you obtain a virtual machine-based license for CapacityIQ, install and manage the license from vCenter Server instead of the Administration Portal. You can continue to manage CPU-based licenses in the Administration Portal.