My vlinks choice – 3-2011
It’s time for my usual weekly choice of posts, so… here we go!
- vCloud Director in your “Man Cave”… Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 – A four part article by Mike Laverick (@Mike_Laverick) about how to get VMware’s vCloud Director up and running in your lab.
- Home Lab Links – a huge and growing list of links to post about home labs by Eric Siebert (@ericsiebert).
- VMware VCAP Preparation Tips and Study Resources – a collection of tips and study resources for the VCAP certifications by David Davis (@davidmdavis).
- A compendium of concerns about ESXi – from the next version, there will be only ESXi, so it’s time to start migrating to ESXi. In this post Bob Plankers lists some complaints about ESXi and reply to all.
- Setting Correct Percentage of Cluster Resources Reserved – another interesting post by Frank Denneman on HA Admission Control Policy “Percentage of Cluster Resources Reserved” and the pro and cons of the various approaches for defining a percentage.
- Updated vSphere Security Hardening Report Script for vSphere 4.1 – the updated version of the vSphere Security Hardening Report script by William Lam; this version includes new checks based on the new vSphere 4.1 Security Hardening Guide