#VMworld 2014: announcements … NO Limits!
As you know, yesterday was the day for the first general session at VMworld 2014 US (if you have missed it, it will be available here: http://www.vmware.com/now).
Each VMworld is full of announcements, but this year the list is impressive… and I’m not sure the list is complete!
So, here it is te announcements list:
- EVO:RAIL. An hyper-converged appliance based onvSphere, VSAN , Log Insight and a new easy HTML5 interface for the mundane tasks. The appliance will be initially sold by 6 vendors: Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Supermicro, Inspur, Net One and Supermicro.
- Technical preview of EVO:RACK think of it as an EVO:RAIL “big brother”
- vSphere 6.0 Beta.
- Virtual Volumes and VSAN 2.0 Beta.
- vCloud Suite 5.8
- Site Recovery Manager 5.8 and vSphere Data Protection 5.8 (more details on vDP 5.8 and vSphere Replication 5.8 here)
- vRealize Suite, a cloud management platform
- vRealize Air Automation Beta
- rebranding of vCloud Hybrid Service to vCloud Air that now also deliver SaaS services, object storage services, automation services and database-as-a-service
- vCloud Air OnDemand Beta
- Technical Preview of vCloud Air Object Storage based on EMC ViPR technology
- vCloud Air Database as a Service (supporting MS SQL Server and MySQL)
- availability of AirWatch on vCloud Air
- vRealize Operations Insight
- VMware NSX for vSphere 6.1
- Partnership with Docker, Pivotal and Google to bring container support (you can read other blog post by VMware here, by Docker here, by Google here and by Pivotal here)
- Technology Preview of Project Fargo, a technology for container integration in light-weight VM package
- Annuncement of VMware integrated OpenStack (VIO) beta, a VMware supported OpenStack distribution
A few days before VMworld was announced the acquisition of CloudVolumes by VMware and Ubuntu images availability on vCloud Air